The Maurchives is an attempt to revive the intellect of Western Muslim communities through stimulating and well-researched content. It interweaves the knowledge of the classical Islamic tradition with issues of concern to contemporary society.
The Maurchives publishes on a variety of topics of concern to the community:
- African and African American History & Culture
- Islamic History, Philosophy, Jurisprudence, Spirituality, Intellectual History
- Arabic Language, Literature, Pedagogy
- Librarianship: Information Literacy, Archives, Classification of Knowledge
- Black Consciousness, Afrocentrism, Pan-Africanism, Black Nationalism, Black Radicalism, Social Activism
- History of the U.S. & Africa
- Egyptology, Ancient Mystery Schools & Religious Philosophies of the Ancient World
- Educational Philosophy in Islam, the West, and Ancient World
The Maurchives was founded in 2016 as a blog for a graduate course in Archival science. It has since developed into a site for intellectual reflection, frequented by those who quest for knowledge that resonates, elevates, and liberates.
For inquiries contact Maurice Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org.