Maurice Hines is a son, father, brother, friend, colleague, citizen, and earthling.
Maurice Hines is an artist, activist, educator, Arabist, thinker, worshipper, community servant, and information specialist.
His interests are numerous. Here are a few:
- African and African American History & Culture
- Islamic History, Philosophy, Jurisprudence, Spirituality, Intellectual History
- Arabic Language, Literature, Pedagogy
- Librarianship: Information Literacy, Archives, Classification of Knowledge
- Black Consciousness, Afrocentricity, Pan-Africanism, Black Nationalism, Black Radicalism, Social Activism
- Hip-Hop Culture & History in the U.S. & Africa
- Egyptology, Ancient Mystery Schools & Religious Philosophies of the Ancient World
- Educational Philosophy in Islam, the West, and Ancient World
The Maurchives is an attempt to record some of his ideas around these topics and share them with the world.